Looking for the best video conferencing and webinar app and that too is totally cost-effective? Here we have the zoom app download for you. But first, let’s understand what actually zoom is.
The development of smartphone communication has become one of the greatest achievements of the 21st century. As time passes, people are moving further and further away from their immobile workstations to venture into a realm where they can get the job done and business is taken care of, simply with the help of a device that is held on the palms of their hands or in the pockets of their work-clothes. This is not to imply that we are abandoning the use of PC. Instead, we are recognizing the potential of our other devices that present us with an opportunity of greater flexibility.
By taking a lead on the aforesaid purpose, the award-winning app Zoom has been introduced in the market, exclusively for hosting webinars, teaching online courses, and conducting online training, video demonstrations, virtual meetings, and video conference.
Designed as an easy to use online video conferencing and meeting software, that assimilates activities like video conferencing, simple online meetings, and group messaging into a single cloud-based platform; zoom app download has proven useful for small to medium businesses, enterprises, educational institutions, and healthcare organizations. Developed by the California-based company in 2013, Zoom is built to host and broadcast online meetings that can cater to up to 100 interactive video participants and 10,000 view-only attendees.
Used by over 500,000 customer organizations, through zoom app download users can enjoy the quality video, audio, and screen-sharing capabilities and experiences which helps to improve collaboration among teams, remote employees, and participants as they are able to initiate a meeting instantly, and join in through just one-touch of their mobile phones or browsers. Rated No.1 in customer satisfaction, the web conferencing software also enables content sharing in wireless mode as it improves remote access to webinars and web conferences.
Information for Zoom app download
- Seller: Zoom Video Communications, Inc.
- Size: 91.6 MB
- Category: Business
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating: Rated 4+
- Copyright (©): Zoom Video Communications, Inc.
- Price for zoom app download: Free
Zoom Features – An Overview
Zoom app download hosts a number of features. With the help of Zoom cloud meetings app, users can enjoy the following features:
- Audio / Video Conferencing
- Android screen sharing quality.
- Content management through brainstorming and discussion boards
- Contact availability status
- Easily invite phone, email or company contacts
- Join as an interactive participant or view-only webinar attendee without creating an account
- Works over WiFi, 4G/LTE and 3G networks
- Safe driving mode while on the road
- Integrating with software ranging from Dropbox to Marketo
How to download Zoom for Android and iOS?
Want to download Zoom cloud meetings and start zooming? All it takes is one simple trip to your app-store. Type “Zoom Cloud Meetings” or simply “Zoom” in the search box and you should find it. The various avenues available for Zoom cloud meetings download are:
Zoom cloud meetings – Advantages
One of the most distinguished and prominent features of the Zoom app download is its video webinar functionality. The size of the participants that the video webinars can accommodate ranges from 100 to 10,000 view-only attendees and 100 interactive video participants. It rallies remote access to webinars and content sharing and thus facilitates the transmission of educational, corporate, or organizational discussions. This feature permits the users to invite other participants to join the webinar through a URL link generated by the software which can be copied and posted to social media platforms and instant messengers. They can also invite them through email which is done instantly through the integration of the application with email clients and software.
Zoom app download consists of cloud video conferencing competency which contributes to the dynamic hosting of webinars. Such capability allows the viewing of both the panelists as well as the presentation screen which is referred to as a dual screen support system. It also possesses an HD video plus HD voice with dynamic voice detection functionality. Another element of the video conferencing functionality under the zoom app download is that it enhances webinars and its dynamic screen-sharing.
Users can share almost their entire desktop screen with their audience, an active window tab in their browser, or a whiteboard with photographs and illustrations. During conversations, there’s a text chat box where you can hold side conversations and share links, along with a noticeable button to share your screen. When you need to make your files and presentations available for display to everyone and discuss, the Zoom app opens them on full-screen in everyone’s computers to make sure no one misses out. However, if due to some reasons, a few people do miss out on the proceedings of the meeting—perhaps because of issues in internet connectivity or simply absenteeism —they don’t have to miss what was talked about. Just click on the Record button in the Zoom app, and it’ll save a full video recording of the whole videoconference to your computer.
Another classic feature that users can take advantage of with zoom app download is its group collaboration functionality. With this particular feature, users can create groups and instantly send text, images, or audio files to the members of those groups. The drag and drop capability allows users to share files instantaneously such as documents, photos, or video clips. Moreover, they can invite other people to be a part of their group and receive an access request through their smartphones.. While sharing files, users can annotate or co-annotate the documents through notes or comments. Group video meetings can be conducted fluently wherein the hosts can screen-share from their desktop or mobile device. This feature eliminates communication barriers among teams and employees, which improves teamwork and collaboration.
Last, but not the least, with the help of zoom app download, users can avail a unique utility through which people can record their virtual meetings in MP4 and M4A video formats, both through the desktop or mobile devices. This cloud and local recording of meetings make it more convenient for users to create back-ups of their videos for future reference and makes the entire process of video recording for storage purposes completely hassle-free and cost-effective, as they no longer need a third-party to capture the coverage of their meetings on their recording devices.
Zoom cloud meetings – Disadvantages
Despite the fact that the zoom app download page boasts a good share of excellent reviews and remarkable feedback, this application has not escaped the pangs of criticism from the users for the inescapable drawbacks which plagues every great software. In addition to consuming extensive battery power while running on laptop or mobile, many additional short-comings were identified by the customers of zoom app download, which the developers can significantly improve upon in their next update:
- Sharing of content among Zoom participants should be possible and personalized, through more options.
- It should be more client-friendly, like BBM or even Whatsapp through better-advanced features.
- Introducing a master volume compressor under the new version of zoom app download to keep all participants at the same volume level
- Lack of real-time translation
Zoom cloud meetings Mac
Supported Operating Systems: To facilitate zoom app download, the following are the system requirements for zoom cloud meetings mac;
- Mac OS X with MacOS 10.7 or later
- MacOS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) with limited functionality (Zoom version 3.6)
To install Zoom cloud meetings on Mac computer, you may need to change your Security and Privacy settings and allow for apps downloaded or zoom app download from identified developers. This can be done by:
- Click on the Apple Icon at the top left corner of your window screen and choose System Preferences.
- Open Security and Privacy
- Click the lock icon at the bottom left to gain access to make changes.
- Enter your device’s administrator username and password.
- Change the option of Allow apps downloaded from to App Store and identified developers. Once that’s done you can easily use the link for zoom app download and launch it in your Mac without any difficulty, by visiting the Download Center and downloading zoom cloud meetings from there.
Zoom Cloud Meetings Windows
Supported Operating Systems: Following are the suitable systems for zoom app download or zoom cloud meetings in windows;
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 or 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista with SP1 or later
- Windows XP with SP3 or later
To download Zoom app for cloud meetings on your Windows PC, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Zoom software download page.
- Click on Download under Zoom Client for Meetings, in the “Download Center” page.
- When the “Save As” dialog box appears, save the installer file, exe, on your preferred file location or the Windows Desktop.
- Double-click on the installer file from your Windows File Explorer, or from your Desktop.
- In the “Open File” pop-up window, tap on the Run option. The installation process will commence, and finish in a matter of a few minutes.
- The process of zoom app download is now complete. In the displayed window, click on Join a Meeting or schedule your own.
Zoom cloud meetings Ubuntu
To avail Zoom app download for Linux client on Ubuntu 16.04 / 17.10 and 18.04 desktops, follow the given steps:
- To allow zoom app download, simply go to this link below and select the version for Ubuntu systems (64-bits should be decent if your system supports it.)
- Then download it to your desktop (usually to the Downloads folder of your Homescreen)
- After downloading it, the next step is to navigate to your Downloads folder in your Homescreen, then right-click the downloaded file and select Open with Software Install.
- When Ubuntu Software opens, click Install to begin the installation.
How to use Zoom app?
After you have completed the process of zoom app download and launched the application, you have two options with you. You can click on a Join a Meeting or Sign In. If you want to join a meeting-in-progress, click on Join a Meeting. If you would like to log in and commence or plan out and schedule your own meeting, click on Sign In.
To login, you can use your zoom account email and password, or login using SSO. If you have not created a user email and password, click on Sign Up to create a Zoom account. Once you have logged in, you will see the main dialog box with the default tab “Home”. Here, you’ll have the option to:
- Select Start without video to start a meeting sharing your “desktop” or “application”
- Select Start with video to start a video meeting.
- Select Schedule to schedule a future meeting.
- Select Join to join a meeting that has already been started.
- Select Share Screen to share your screen in a Zoom Room by entering in the sharing key or meeting ID.
Under the Meetings tab, you can view, start, edit, and delete your personal meeting ID, scheduled meetings, and recorded meetings. You’ll also find the option of a PMI, which stands for Personal Meeting ID. PMI and Personal Link are the two ways to access the virtual meeting room, also called your Personal Meeting Room, which is permanently reserved for you. You can initiate it at any time or schedule it for future use. Your Personal Meeting ID converts into your Personal Meeting URL; for example: https://zoom.us/j/5551112232. If you are on a Paid plan and have a Pro license, you can also customize the 10 digit ID.
Zoom Settings: You can locate the Settings tab in the main dialog box or in the meeting menu bar. After clicking on Settings, you will have the following options before you:
- General: You can customize your default preferences.
- Audio: You can examine, select, and adjust your speakers, and microphone.
- Video: You can examine and select your video camera.
- Feedback: To assess any queries, comments, or feedback
- Recording: Here you can browse through all your recordings put in storage (all recordings are stored on your local device/computer)
- Account/Pro account: Here you can upgrade your account to PRO and manage your account details more efficiently.
Meetings Settings: Once you have started or joined a meeting, you can execute the following actions from the menu bar situated at the bottom of the meeting window (by moving your cursor to toggle):
- Invite new people to join by means of email, IM, SMS (mobile users) or meeting ID
- Screen share your window or specific application window
- Stop and start your video
- Manage participants
- Mute and unmute your audio
- Configure your settings.
- Leave or end the meeting
Tips to ensure better use of the Zoom App
After you have completed understanding the steps of zoom app download, if you are hosting a zoom meeting, these tips can prove to be really helpful and simplify your preparations for the day of the conference.
- Tip 1: Video usually requires more bandwidth than audio, so if you see signs of instability in your internet signal, turn off your camera and continue with the proceedings on the audio itself, without disrupting the flow of communication.
- Tip 2: If you are using the built-in microphone of your laptop or computer, avoid typing on the keyboard during a meeting. You may not hear it, but the others that are connected to you on the video call will hear a sound of herds galloping through their head. If you must type, make sure that you use a headset with a microphone, or earbuds with a microphone as is sometimes used with a smartphone. The microphones are the best alternative because they are specifically designed to sit close to the side of the mouth, and do not have to be very sensitive to pick up your speech. Because of the lack of sensitivity, they usually fail to pick up on the background noises.
- Tip 3: Click on the little black “Settings” wheel in the upper right-hand corner and use it to check and ensure that your microphone, camera, and speakers are working correctly before the meeting commences. Whether using Zoom with internal or external participants, it’s important to keep in mind that you are representing an organization during your meeting. Professional experience will go a long way to create a positive, lasting impression.
- Tip 4: “Touch up my appearance” feature in Zoom improves the video display by producing a softer focus. Supposedly, it helps to enhance your skin tone and diminish the visibility of fine lines and blemishes. You’ll find this option by clicking on Settings>Video.
- Tip 5: Echo may be caused by two people sitting in the same room or near each other who separately join the same meeting with audio. This may also happen if one person joins twice with audio, such as by phone and PC. If you’re joining with multiple people in the same room as yours, call in from the conference room phone or have only one person connect to audio. The remaining participants should be instructed to close the audio prompt without joining in the room.
- Tip 6: To avoid the display of a private pop-up message during a meeting or a video conference, share an application as your screen instead of your desktop. Open any file on your computer you wish to share before your meeting starts.
Zoom cloud meetings – Final words
It’s not possible to make a perfect video chat system, but Zoom app tries to get as close as possible with a streamlined version of desktop and mobile apps focused solely on the function of video chatting, along with provision for H.323/SIP room systems and a dial-in facility to enable video conferences with almost anyone and anywhere at any time.
In its totality, the zoom app download provides a web conferencing platform that provides you with a large plethora of features that can augment your communication with internal and external partners, clients and customers, or anyone else that you may need to interact with for business-related reasons.
Its association with dozens of third-party applications provides you with a unified experience across all of the existing business platforms that you already use. Furthermore, it can easily form a link with computers, mobile devices, and H.323 and SIP conference room systems, so you can initiate as well as participate in a conference from any location.
Owing to its pursuit of excellence in offering quality and consistent enterprise experience, Zoom was named as a Leader in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant for meeting solutions. The high-definition audio and video safeguard the communicating quality along with a variety of other collaborative features warranting a more efficient use of the Zoom app to work closely with the other participants in your meetings.
A potential game-changer in the path of creating a better and more collaborative business environment, Zoom app download offers a seamless experience, which will make you fall in love at first “byte,” and we’ll strongly advise you to feel the same way as us, by trying it out for yourself.