How do you know the device you’ve chosen, the best headset for business calls? Most of us are working from home nowadays, which requires proper equipment to deliver the best quality possible.
Some people rely on their old headphones, but sometimes they’re not suitable for the task we’re currently handling.
In addition, they have limitations and are not ideal for professional purposes. Therefore, using the best business headset becomes a necessity.
You can choose from numerous options, from wired headsets to Bluetooth/wireless headsets. You can choose between mono headsets, which you can use with only one ear, and the standard for call centers.
You can also select a stereo headset, which will cover both of your ears and will let you focus on what you’re doing entirely.
However, one of the main factors you should consider is the integrated microphone the headset has. It should have noise-canceling features so that people only hear your voice when you’re talking to them.
A good microphone is what decides if the product you’ve chosen is the best headset for business calls, and that’s why some devices are better than others.
That being said, our top pick is the Plantronics CS540, which is lightweight, and provides you with an excellent noise-canceling microphone that will remove the background noise in its entirety.
Furthermore, it allows you to keep using it even if you’re up to 350 feet away from the paired device.
Now that we’re all clear, let’s start reviewing the top five business headsets currently available in the market.
Top 5 Best Headsets for Business Calls
The Plantronics CS540 is a mono headset. It is one of the lightest devices in the modern-day, as it only weighs 21g. Its design is hugely discreet and stylish.
The most remarkable feature is the noise-canceling microphone, which reduces the background noise in its entirety, making sure everything you say comes out clearly. As a result, it quickly becomes one of the best headsets for business calls.
These are the main features of the Plantronics CS540:
- The excellent sound quality plus the noise-canceling microphone make it one of the strongest contenders on this list.
- You can adjust the volume with the integrated toggle on the headset. It won’t have any effect on what you hear.
- It includes Acoustic Shock Protection.
- Despite being a small device, it lasts up to 7 hours.
- You can use it even if you’re up to 350 feet away from the paired device.
- It is easy to use and is hugely affordable.
- For more compatibility information, please visit the Plantronics Compatibility Guide.
All these features make this device the best business headset reviewed on the list. You can find the full specs and more exciting information about the Plantronics CS540 at Amazon.
Sennheiser SDW 5036 – USB Headset
This headset is another monoaural option. You can connect it with your computer, a desk phone, and even mobile devices via Bluetooth.
It is one of the best headsets for business calls currently available in the market. It provides the user with as much flexibility as possible.
There are significant differences between this model and our previous pick. Although it is a bit heavier, it provides the user with the following features:
- Its battery life is up to 14 hours. Furthermore, you can charge fifty percent of the battery within thirty minutes!
- This microphone takes the noise-canceling technology further than its competitors. It detects your voice automatically and configures the microphone with the best settings based on the external noise.
- It provides you with Acoustic Shock Protection.
This device is hugely comfortable. You can use it for prolonged periods without feeling exhausted. Not only that, but the sound quality is also top-notch. It is one of the best business headsets, even if it’s monoaural.
The main drawback of this device is that it is hugely expensive. Besides that, you’ll obtain a high-quality device if you decide to complete the purchase. You can find the full specs and more information about the Sennheiser SDW 5036 at Amazon.
Jabra Evolve 75
The third option comes from Jabra. The Evolve 75 model is the enhanced version of the Evolve 65, which belongs to the same series.
It contains the same features, essentially, although there are particular improvements you should get to know. The main features of this headset include:
- You can keep using it for up to 15 hours with the full charge. Moreover, it works within a range of 100 feet. You can also use the headset when directly connected to your PC or Mac while charging.
- Expect the best connectivity and prolonged range use when the headset is used along with the Bluetooth USB Dongle. You must also set up the headset for “Class 1” Bluetooth.
- You can pair the headset with two devices simultaneously.
- Due to its dual nature, it is compatible with numerous devices, whether computers or mobile. It is also compatible with most business software, such as Skype for Business, WebEx, and Zoom.
As this headset is an enhanced version of another model, we couldn’t find too many drawbacks. You can find more information and the full specs for the Jabra Evolve 75 at Amazon.
Plantronics Savi Office W730
Plantronics has been providing excellent headsets and other electronic devices in the latest years. This model in specific, the Savi Office W730, is the perfect addition to any office.
Some of the main features this headset includes are the following:
- It provides the user with multiple options for connectivity. You can connect it to desk phones, computers, and mobile devices. As it is a wireless headset, you can quickly and easily switch between devices.
- It is hugely lightweight (25g), making it one of the most comfortable devices on the list.
- It has a battery life of up to six hours. We believe it could be better, but it has other good features.
- It works within a range of 350 feet.
- The noise-canceling technology makes sure everyone can hear you clearly. The sound quality is also excellent, ensuring crystal clear communication.
The main drawback of this headset is the six-hour battery life it has. However, it still contains other features that make it a safe purchase. You can find the full specs and more information about the Plantronics Savi Office W730 at Amazon.
Logitech Wireless Headset H820e
Last but not least, we have a product from Logitech. This headset is one of the most popular models you can find in the market.
This device is hugely versatile, although it doesn’t offer any other option for connectivity.
Although it has a hugely simple design, it is comfortable enough for you to wear it the whole day with no problems. You can use it on the left or right ear; it doesn’t make any difference.
The microphone is easily adjustable to your preferences. Moreover, the microphone has a LED light on the tip that indicates whether the microphone is working or mute.
Other features include:
- It has a battery life of up to ten hours.
- It has numerous buttons to make its use easier.
- It has excellent active noise and echoes cancelation.
However, please note it is an expensive device. It may not work with mobile devices, and you may experience interference in places with numerous wireless devices. You can find more information about the Logitech Wireless Headset H820e.
How to Choose the Best Business Headset?
Although it all comes down to preferences, there are particular factors you should take into account when deciding what the best headset for business calls is.
- Something aesthetically pleasing is not necessarily good. Although most business headsets are stylish, please base your opinion on what it offers instead of how it looks.
- If you intend to use the headset for prolonged periods, please try to choose a model that’s comfortable and provides you with exceptional battery life. Otherwise, you may be wasting your money. Here we considered wireless headsets (mostly), although there are excellent wired headsets out there.
- If you want to start using the device as soon as you arrive, please choose an easy-to-use headset.
Our opinion remains the same. The Plantronics CS540 is, without a doubt, the best headset for business calls currently available in the market.
However, the other options reviewed are also excellent. You should give them an opportunity if you want something more sophisticated or specific for your needs.