Before we discuss the best lighting for video conferencing, Let’s see what are the issues we face due to poor lighting. Poor lighting can seize the attention of other viewers, distracting them from the message being passed. The wrong products can produce lousy lighting, which is terrible for the eyes and the video quality. However, with suitable products, you can enjoy soft light and improved video quality.
Lighting plays a huge role when it comes to the quality of a video. There are products specially designed for lighting your conference video regardless of the capabilities of your camera.
In this article, we have mentioned the five best lightings for video conferencing. Also, we talk about how to make the most of these lighting kits.
Five Best Lighting for Video Conferencing
Saicoo Led Desk Lamp – Suitable for Indoor Calls
This desk lamp has a seamless dimming control for its brightness and color temperature. Considering the safety of the user’s eyes, the lamp has a 7.4 inches LED panel that reflects a non-flickering and soft light. Users can also achieve convenient positioning because it has three bending angles and two rotating angles.
Additionally, it uses a buttonless, touch-sensitive panel for regulating the color temperature, brightness, power, and sleep. At one side of the panel, there is a USB port that charges devices to 1Amp. Also, you can fold the neck to a compact shape.
- Versatile usage.
- Inclinable to large angular deviations.
- Impressive brightness.
- High durability.
- Performance is temperature-dependent.
- It cannot achieve 360° rotation, but you can tilt it to the desired position.
- Joints do not operate smoothly at the initial stages.
Ulanzi LED Video Conference Lighting – Best Lighting for Video Calls
This is a portable and lightweight LED lighting for video conferencing. It is mounted on an adjustable tripod stand, with a height that can be extended to and locked at three other positions, going as far as 27cm. Moreover, the tripod’s neck can be rotated to 360° and flipped over to 180°. Also, it has an in-built 3100mAh rechargeable battery.
The lighting has six different color filters, with 3200k to 6500k color temperature. The camera light used is bi-colour CRI 95+. It features a soft diffuser that reflects soft light. You can adjust the brightness between 10% and 100%.
- Versatile usage.
- Adjustable and extendable tripod.
- Easy tripod mounting.
- Tripod height is difficult to adjust.
- Short USB charger.
- The battery lifespan is short, but you can connect it to your device through USB.
Atkan Video Conference Lighting – Ideal For Remote Working
This is an adjustable, lightweight, and portable laptop light. You can adjust its brightness from 1% to 100%. You can adjust the color temperature from an orange light to white light, and it can be mounted on flat surfaces using an upgradable suction cup.
The dimensions of the LED light is 2.5″ x 2.5″ x 0.98″. Also, it features a built-in frosted lens that allows users to soften the light at their disposal. A built-in rechargeable Lithium-ion battery powers it. There is also a USB port that allows you to recharge the battery while in use. The lamp can achieve top positioning with a ball head that rotates 360°.
- Portable and lightweight.
- Easy to assemble.
- Commendable battery life.
- Adjustable brightness and color feel.
- Softbox for eye protection.
- It’s only mountable on flat surfaces, but a clamp desk lamp is an alternative.
- Short charging cable.
- Poor Suction cup adherence.
Clamp Desk Lamp – Best For Outdoor Video Calls
This portable, aluminum clip-on LED light for video conferencing has nine adjustable brightness levels with three lighting modes, including cold white, natural white, and warm white lights. The lamp has a ring design and a larger area for light emission. Its Clamp Desk Lamp has a flexible gooseneck that allows it to be maximally adjusted.
There is also a 1.6 m USB cable that comes with this device and allows you to charge it using the USB port. Also, it is very bright but costs only 20% of the energy. Lastly, it does not have UV or IR radiation. Hence, it is eco-friendly.
- Saves a lot of energy.
- Versatile usage.
- Easy to maneuver.
- Affordable lighting.
- Clips on flat edges only.
- Inconvenient positioning of power buttons.
Pictron Video Conferencing Light – Best For Multiple Colour Tones
This is one of the best lights for video conferencing. It uses a portable LED light that offers adjustable brightness, ranging from 1% to 100%. The color temperature is adjustable, with six different color filters that can give off warm or cold color temperatures.
Pictron lighting kit comes with a built-in frosted lens and white light diffuser for users to regulate light intensity. It is mounted on a tripod stand that can be raised from 5.9 inches to 10.6 inches. The tripod has a head rotation of 360°. It uses a built-in rechargeable battery.
- Adjustable height
- 360° head rotation
- Features frosted lens for eye protection
- The charging cable topples over the light but can be glued to the back.
- It does not sync correctly with Mac Pro. So, Atkan Video Conferencing Lighting is an alternative.
Follow these steps to get the Best Lights for Video Conferencing:
- Check for compatibility: First, ensure that the lighting is compatible with your device. For instance, Pictron Video Conferencing Light does not sync correctly with Mac Pro.
- Test its Brightness: Check out if the lighting has adjustable brightness. Also, look out for its maximum brightness.
- Check the Colour Temperature: With this feature, you can adjust the lighting’s tone to your taste. Some lighting kits have fewer color filters than others. If you value variety, you might consider checking it out.
- Check for light diffuser: The light diffuser functions include producing soft light that can enhance video quality and protect the eyes from harsh light. Make sure this feature is included.
- Ease of Assembly: The lighting kit should be easy to assemble. You can learn about the process of assembly from the manual. Otherwise, you can check online for assistance.
- Check the Battery life: The battery of a video conference light should be strong enough to carry you through a considerable time frame.
- Get the best positioning: For video conferencing, it is best to place the light behind your screen in a way that makes the light reflect on your face without being noticed. You should also position it to produce the least amount of shadows.
This article contains five of the best lights you can use for video conferencing. It also mentions the features that make these lighting kits outstanding. Our review is based on careful consideration of user reviews and comprehensive research on every product.
We have highlighted important steps for getting the best lighting for your conference videos. We chose Saicoo Led Desk Lamp as the best lighting kit. Although it has a few drawbacks, it is perfectly bright and offers warmth to the users. This lamp is also portable, and you can adjust in any direction.