Are you looking for the best Microphone for Zoom Meetings? Web conferencing applications like Zoom is becoming more and more popular in remote working and work-from-home environments. But poor audio quality can quickly ruin any Zoom meeting. Incessant echo or excessive background noise results in poor sound quality that hampers communication and productivity.
You can consider buying a premium laptop that comes with significant processing power and multitasking ability. Still, only a few brands work on improving the quality of the in-built microphone of the laptop.
The best solution to improve your voice, reduce noise, and echo during Zoom meetings is using a high-quality microphone. You can connect a microphone with your laptop, desktop, smartphone, and tablet. It will help you to produce studio-grade audio and enable you to sound more professional.
If you search for microphones for meetings, then you will get several options on online shopping sites like Amazon. Due to this reason, choosing the best one can be a difficult job. But in this post, we have made things a lot easier for you. Here we will reveal a list of the five best microphones that are rated best for Zoom meetings.
Samson Meteor Mic
This USB microphone comes with a 1″ studio-quality capsule. Apart from just its high-quality performance, it also looks stylish. The mic has three legs that provide optimal positioning solution. Since the legs are foldable, it is also easy to transport. These are the few reasons for which we have rated this the best microphone for Zoom meetings. The mic is available in 3 different colors- chrome, titanium black, and titanium red. So, it is fair to conclude that the microphone doesn’t perform well, but it also looks elegant.
This is a professional mic, and you can also buy a stand along with this product to make it more functional. The cardioid pickup pattern of this mic captures audio from the front and minimizing ambient noise from entering into the recording. The frequency response of this mic is also excellent and smooth, ranging from 20 Hz. – 20 kHz. Due to this reason, the mic will capture all the details of your voice.
The zinc die-cast construction of this microphone makes it durable. And its chrome-plated finish gives this mic a stylish look and premium feel. Finally, we would conclude that if you want to capture voices like a pro and finish your meeting without any hassle, then Samson Meteor Mic can be your best pick. This product does not just rank on the top of our list, but it is also an Amazon’s choice, which means high rated mic at a great price.
Image Source: samsontech.com
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Capsule: 1-inch (25 mm) condenser capsule
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Max SPL : 120dB
- Sample Rate: 44.1/48kHz
- Bit Rate: 16bit
- Power Requirements: 5V 70mA (idle), 100mA (peak)
- Controls: Headphone Volume, Microphone Mute Switch
- Output: 1/8” TRS
- Headphone Impedance: 16 ohms
- Headphone Output: 85mW at 16ohms
- THD : 0.01% unloaded, 0.04% @ 32 ohms
- Headphone Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Signal to Noise: 96dB (A)
- Dimensions : 1.92” x 3.9” (49mm x 100mm)
- Weight: 57lbs (263g)
HEiL Sound PR-40
If you dream of recording dynamic studio-grade sound, then you can consider Heil Sound PR-40. The price-performance ratio of the mic is excellent, and due to this reason, it is another best microphone for Zoom meetings. The body of the mic is made of steel and equipped with a zinc die-cast bottom ring. The frequency response of this mic is 28Hz to 18kHz, which is excellent for conducting conferences.
The output level of this mic is around -53.9dB @ 1,000 Hz. Finally, we would conclude that HEiL Sound PR-40 is a premium microphone that offers superior performance at a reasonable price. Similar to our previous product, this microphone is also rated as Amazon’s choice. So, you can confidently buy this mic and conduct conferences and meetings without any disturbance.
Image Source: HeilSound_PR40
- Output Connection: 3 pin XLR
- Element Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 28 Hz – 18 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Rear Rejection @ 180° off axis: -40 dB
- Impedance: 600 ohms balanced
- Output Level: -53.9 dB @ 1 kHz
- Dimensions: 10.5″ x 7″ x 4 “
- Weight: 13.5 oz.
- Max SPL: 148 dB
If you are looking for a versatile microphone for Zoom meetings which is compatible with different types of OS and devices, then Shure MV88+ can be a good option. You can use this mic on your phone regardless of Android and iOS, as well as on your computer irrespective of Mac or Windows. The mic comes with a USB-C cable so that you won’t experience any connectivity issues in this product. The product is also Apple MFi certified. It means Shure MV88+ works flawlessly with Apple devices like iPhone, iPod, or iPad.
When you buy this mic, you also get free access to two additional apps like ShurePlus MOTIV and MOTIV Audio. These two apps will allow you to customize and enhance the performance of the mic. These apps are available in both Android and iOS versions. The mic also comes with a windscreen that helps to reduce noise. But if you don’t like it, then you can also remove it. If you buy this microphone, then you will also get a 2-year warranty.
Image Source: shure.com
- MFi Certified: Yes
- DSP Modes: Speech/Singing/Acoustic/Loud/Flat
- Transducer Type: Cardioid (10 mm)/Bidirectional Condenser Cartridge (10 mm)
- Polar Pattern: Adjustable Width Stereo/Mono Bidirectional/Mono Cardioid/Mid-Side
- Stereo Principle: Mid-Side
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz
- Adjustable Gain Range: 0 to +36 dB
- Sensitivity: -37 dBFS/Pa at 1 kHz  
- Maximum SPL: 120 dB SPL 
- Limiter: Yes
- Compressor: Yes
- Equalizer: 5-band
- Power Requirements: Powered through USB or Lightning connector
- Housing: All metal construction
- Dimensions: 7.5 x 4.4 x 4.4 inches
- Weight: 1.03 pounds
Audio-Technica has ideally designed this mic for home and professional uses. You can confidently use it to conduct Zoom meetings. The mic is so powerful that you can even use it in live performances. Anyway, that’s not our today’s topic. Coming back to the point, the cardioid polar pattern of this mic reduces sound pickup from the rear and sides. It improves the isolation of the preferred sound source. This is the main reason that makes Audio-Technica AT2035 a suitable microphone for Zoom meetings.
The large diaphragm of the mic ensures smooth and natural sound along with low noise. The USP of this microphone is its custom shock mount, which provides superior isolation. Finally, we would conclude that if you are looking for a high-quality mic that comes at a reasonable price tag and offers excellent features, you should opt for this mic.
Image Source: audio-technica.com
- Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Low-Frequency Roll-Off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -33 dB (22.4 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 148 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.;158 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Noise: 12 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range: 136 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 82 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 11-52V DC, 3.8 mA typical
- Switches: Flat, roll-off;10 dB pad (nominal)
- Weight: 403 g (14.2 oz)
- Dimensions: 170.0 mm (6.69″) long,52.0 mm (2.05″) maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Audio-Technica Case Style: R5
Samson Go Mic
This is a studio-grade USB condenser microphone. We can assure you that if you use this product, you will be able to conduct Zoom conferences in a hassle-free way. The folding design with an integral clip makes this mic portable. It has selectable dual-pickup patterns – omnidirectional and cardioid. Due to this reason, it is best for recording or transmitting voice.
Finally, we would conclude that this microphone offers excellent value for money. If you are looking for a suitable microphone for Zoom meetings that comes at a reasonable price, you can opt for Samson Go Mic.
- Element type: 2 x Electret condenser (10mm)
- Polar pattern: Cardioid and Omni (selectable)
- Frequency Response: Cardioid 80Hz – 18kHZ & Omni 20Hz – 20kHZ
- Bit Depth: 16-bit
- Sampling Rate: 44.1kHz / 48kHz
- Sensitivity: -47 +/- 2dB/Pa
- Maximum SPL: 121 DB
- Headphone Output: 3.5mm
- Stand Adapter: 3/8”-19 thread mount
- Weight: 0.23lb (105g)
- Dimensions: 2.8” x 1.7” x 0.9”
These are the five best microphones for zoom meetings. We hope it will help you to choose the best mic for conducting Zoom meetings.