Ring lights have become a hugely crucial part of any setup – especially if you intend to use them for professional purposes, such as YouTube and TikTok videos or Zoom meetings. Makeup artists have become a huge part of social media nowadays. If you want to become part of this community, it will help if you use the best ring light for makeup.
It’s impossible to provide a good image with poor lighting. Therefore, you should always pick a professional makeup ring light to give the best results.
Ring lights remove the harsh shadows from the image, especially if the camera is placed close to the target. These devices grant you excellent results and increase your images’ quality, whether it is about video or photography.
Today, we’ll bring you the top five best ring lights for makeup. Before we start, you should know that the most recommended option is the Taiker LED/RGB Ring Light.
It has 11 color modes and grants you enough accessories and features to make your pictures or videos look as professional as possible.
We have another four options you can consider taking home – and some of them include budget options for those looking for something more specific.
Top 5 Best Ring Light for Makeup
Taiker LED Ring Light with RGB Modes – 19″
We believe the best ring light for makeup currently available in the market is this device from Taiker. It includes six RGB modes for you to control the colors even further.
It also contains eleven additional color modes for you to make the most of every session.
The package contains the following accessories:
- It includes a phone holder extending from 2.6 to 3.5 inches, ensuring it is compatible with most smartphones, including iPhones and other brands.
- It includes two remotes:
- The first remote uses a Bluetooth connection to take pictures automatically from your device. This remote has two buttons, one for Android devices and one iOS.
- The second remote allows you to control the lighting settings from a distance, allowing you to see how good you look in the camera.
- A long tripod stand. You can adjust it from 24.5″ to 58″.
As for the ring light itself, it has a total measurement of 19 inches. You can adjust the temperature from 3,200K to 6,500K.
You can also adjust the brightness levels from zero to one-hundred percent, allowing you to have total control over the shadows and colors you want to display on the picture.
We have to give additional points to this product as Taiker has excellent customer service. If you ever have a problem with your ring light, you can contact them, and they’ll help you as soon as possible. We can undoubtedly say that this is the best ring light for makeup you can choose from this list.
KAFIN Ring Light – 18″
The most remarkable feature of this selfie ring light for makeup is that you can use three modes – warm, cool, and natural.
Each mode has ten different brightness options, but you can still adjust the dimming range from ten to one-hundred percent. Moreover, it’s possible to change the color temperature from 3200 to 6500K.
This ring light includes the following accessories:
- An adjustable tripod stand that goes from 52cm to 210cm
- An infrared controller for configuring the device
- A Bluetooth remote shutter compatible with iOS and Android devices for you to take pictures from a distance
- The typical US charger plug you must use to keep the device alive
- And a traveling bag for you to take the ring light anywhere.
If you decide to purchase this professional makeup ring light, you will not be disappointed. You can get more information about the KAFIN Ring Light at Amazon.
Umsky Ring Light – 18″
This selfie ring light for makeup has three light modes: warm white, white and cool white. You can also adjust the color temperature from 3000K to 6000K.
It doesn’t have too many remarkable features. Still, it’s an excellent place to start if you’ve never used a professional makeup ring light before.
The package doesn’t contain as many accessories as other options, but it’s an excellent choice for beginners.
It includes the 18-inch ring light, a hugely stable tripod, and three phone holders with different measurements. The company advises clients to contact them in case an accessory is missing.
Umsky also offers an excellent deal if you’re not satisfied with the results obtained. Suppose you think this product could not deliver the quality advertised.
In that case, you can contact the company, and they will send you a replacement or your money back based on your inquiries.
You can find the full specs and more information about the Umsky Ring Light at Amazon.
Koonie 10″ Ring Light
Although this selfie ring light for makeup is smaller than most options, it’s a good deal for those with more adjusted budgets.
It offers you 37 hours of working time with a full charge, which is something great for those who want to give a more casual use to the device or intend to use it in specific contexts.
Its battery lasts enough for you to complete a whole photography session, but please note that it takes six hours to obtain the complete charge. You may use the USB port to charge the ring light.
Although bigger light rings provide better results, please note that this ring offers better portability. For example, you can fold it to 10 and expand it up to 64 inches, making it excellent if you’re constantly moving.
It also includes other cool features for such a small device, such as:
- It has three light modes: warm, cool, and “mixed,” which combines the two first modes. Each mode has five brightness levels, and you may also modify the color temperature from 3000K to 6500K.
- The phone holder is compatible with most smartphones. It is expandable from 2.4 to 3.7 inches.
- You can rotate the ring light within a 270º degree.
- You can charge it with any device that has a USB port.
- The base is not a tripod, but a chassis, providing it with more stability wherever you decide to place it.
- There are four buttons on the ring light: two for increasing or lowering the brightness, one for choosing the light color, and the power button.
You can find more information about the Koonie 10″ Ring Light at Amazon.
Ubeesize 10″ Selfie Ring Light
If you want an affordable but hugely functional professional makeup ring light, this option from Ubeesize is a good choice.
Unfortunately, it has the same drawback as the last option – the light ring has a size of ten inches, but it can provide optimal results.
The main features of this product include:
- You can choose between three light color modes, including warm, cool, white, and daylight. There are 11brithgness levels for each mode.
- The tripod is expandable from 15 inches to 50. You can unfold the tripod legs up to thirty inches wide to control the height or angle.
- The phone holder adjusts to most modern smartphones easily.
- It includes a Bluetooth remote you can connect with your mobile device not to have to touch your phone when trying to complete the photography or video session.
You can find more information about the Ubeesize 10″ Selfie Ring Light at Amazon.
How to Choose the Best Makeup Ring Light?
There are a few factors everyone should take into consideration when it comes to ring lights:
- Versatility – The more control you have over the lighting, the better the device is.
- Size – It’s no surprise that the best ring lights have bigger sizes, usually from 18 to 19 or more inches.
- Accessories – Although it depends on the manufacturer, most light rings include several accessories that make it a safe purchase. Some may consist of microphones or replacements for certain parts.
Makeup Ring Light – FAQ
Where to buy a ring light for makeup?
There are numerous providers around the web, but we recommend choosing Amazon as your main website.
Not only will you be able to find excellent prices when it comes to ring lights, but you will also find excellent deals – such as other necessary accessories (microphones, remotes, etc.) even if you’ve adjusted to a budget.
Are ring lights good for doing makeup?
Yes, they are. Ring lights enhance the atmosphere and overall aspect of anything that involves photography.
Professionals from distinct inches – including chefs, makeup artists, photographers, and so on include ring lights as part of their setup for further control over the image they want to give to their audience.
Good lighting enhances your image quality, so this purchase is something you will never regret.
How to use a ring light for makeup?
The light ring should be pointing directly to your face at a safe distance. The goal here is to erase all the shadows that may appear.
However, you can try different angles and see the best setting according to your preferences.
However, keep in mind that the standard is to place the ring light in front of you at the same height as your face.
As an additional note, it will also erase the red eyes that typically come out from pictures you take with digital cameras, for instance.