Ring lights are adjustable lighting tools designed to enhance the quality of video content or feeds. A lot can go wrong if you pick the wrong ring light for your video conferencing needs. For instance, your video can make you seem unprofessional if your chosen ring light keeps flickering or the angle keeps dropping because of loose joints.
If you must have a consistent and adequately-lit video conferencing experience, you must consider getting the best lighting kits. This article contains five of the best ring lights and a list of features you should consider while choosing the best ring light for video conferencing.
Five Best Ring Light for Video Conferencing
- Liteland LED Ring Light – Best for visual effects
- Miady LED Desk Lamp – Best for non-flicker lighting
- Mactrem Ring Light – best for outdoor use
- Yarrashop Computer Ring Light – Best for low-quality cameras
- Ivict Clip-on Light – Best for remote workers
Liteland LED Ring Light – Best for visual effects
Liteland LED ring light is a portable 10-inch desktop light mounted on a tripod stand. This stand has a ball joint at its head that allows a 360° rotation and a lock screw to keep its joint stationery. You can also create various visual effects using any of the three light modes of this ring light.
Additionally, the lighting kit comes with an adjustable phone clip that makes it convenient to achieve multiple shooting angles while video conferencing with a mobile phone. Finally, the light can be powered via USB, giving it the ability to utilize different power sources from multiple USB-enabled devices.
- Easy to assemble
- Portable and convenient
- Includes an adjustable phone clip
- Phone clips can be challenging to fit wider phones.
Miady LED Desk Lamp – Best for non-flicker lighting
Miady Desk Lamp gives off an eye-friendly and flicker-free LED light. You can adjust the lighting to 3 color modes and four brightness levels. It is fixed to a 22.8 inches flexible silicone arm that can be changed to any direction up to 360°. Also, it is energy efficient, utilizing a 7.5 Watt LED bulb.
There is a slip-resistant pad that houses the lighting controls at the other end of the silicone arm. These controls are regulated using an easy-touch sensor. It does not include or require any battery. So it is powered using a 6ft long adapter cord.
- Flicker-free, eye-friendly light
- Varying levels of brightness
- You can adjust Silicone gooseneck up to 360°.
- A variety of adjustable color temperatures
- Portable Design
- Loose joints
- Overly sensitive to touch
Mactrem Ring Light – best for outdoor use
This 6-inch ring light for video conferencing comes with a stand and a cell phone holder. The frame can be adjusted and fixed at five different points, going from 4″ up to 8″. Interestingly, it offers a 360° rotation, allowing the users to achieve the desired position. Meanwhile, the cell phone holder, also called “octopus,” can be twisted to any shape. It permits the phone to be flipped and tilted as desired.
Mactrem Light has 64 LED lamp beads with three lighting modes and ten brightness levels. It also has color temperatures ranging from 3200k to 5500k.
- Compact design
- Adjustable tripod
- Easily powered through USB devices
- Flexible phone stand
- Affordable light
- Not easy to set up
- Flexible legs but weak
Yarrashop Computer Ring Light – Best for low-quality cameras
This ring light for video calls offers three color temperatures, adjusted from 3300k to 6500k, giving off warm, natural, and white lights. Also, it uses an LED bulb that has ten adjustable brightness levels. This LED ring light is mounted on a stand that rotates 360° and has a phone holder fixed to the frame.
Furthermore, this light has a USB port that allows you to power it using different devices. It features a controller line along the USB line where users can turn on the light, adjust brightness and tone.
- Versatile usage
- The stand is made with sturdy materials to ensure stability.
- Easy to set up
- Produces relatively higher quality videos
- Adjustable phone holder
- Fragile – requires extra carefulness
Ivict Clip-on Light – Best for remote workers
This portable clip-on video conference light is made of aluminum alloy material. You can attach it to surfaces as broad as 5cm with its metal clip. The clip has a foam pad design that keeps it from scratching surfaces. Moreover, this light is powered via USB and uses a 150cm long cord that features a multifunction switch control.
Also, it uses 24 LED chips to offer non-flickering lights, which can be adjusted in brightness and color tone. The light has a gooseneck that provides 360° flexibility. Lastly, it has a memory function and can be configured to switch off automatically.
- Non-flickering lighting
- Comes with memory function
- Foam pad design to keep edges smooth
- Long USB cord
- Insufficient brightness
- Clips on edges only
How to choose the best right light for video conferencing?
There are certain features that a lighting kit must have to make it right for video conferencing. Some of the key features are listed below.
- Adjustable brightness: This comes first when choosing a light for video conferencing. If the light is dim or not flexible, it defeats the purpose of purchase. It should be bright and adjustable to keep users visible on conference videos regardless of the time.
- Durability: A good lighting kit for video conferencing should not break down after short usage. Look through the reviews to be confident of the products’ durability.
- Adjustability and balance: Another critical feature to consider is a ring light’s ability to be adjustable and maintain balance in all directions.
- Color tones: Professionals appreciate this function the most because it allows them to get the most suitable color tone for their skin and environment.
- Strong battery capacity: Some lights do not contain or require batteries. However, it is always best to make sure that if they do, the batteries are long-lasting.
- Eco-friendly Lighting: LED lights neither have mercury and lead nor give off UV or IR radiations. Hence, they are eco-friendly and energy-efficient.
- Non-flickering light: Nobody wants their light to flicker during a conference video. It can be irritating to the eyes and bad for video quality.
In this article, we have mentioned the best ring light for video calls. Our assessment depends on the scrutiny of users and thorough research conducted on different products.
We have also listed some features that can help you make the best choice when buying a ring light for Zoom calls.
Our most preferable option is the Liteland LED Ring Light. Although the phone clip may be too tight for some phones, it is bright, portable, and affordable. It also gives the best options for visual effects, making videos professional.