You probably know that you need to have the Zoom client on your PC to host or participate in Zoom meetings. How do you download Zoom Meeting for Windows though?
Well, it’s very straightforward actually! But if you’ve been overwhelmed by all the stuff that Zoom offers, then let us provide you with a step-by-step guide on downloading and installing Zoom on a Windows PC!
How to Download Zoom Meeting for Windows?
You don’t really need to do anything to Download Zoom Meeting for Windows – when you join or host a meeting for the first time, you will be prompted to download the Zoom client automatically.
With that being said, if you want to download the Zoom client yourself – maybe because you want to reinstall it – then you could do so from the Download Center of Zoom. What you need is the very first download link under Zoom Client for Meetings.
There are a few other things in the Download Center like Zoom Rooms and browser plugins, but you don’t really need those to get started.
One thing many people also wonder about is whether you need to purchase a membership to download Zoom Meeting for Windows. And the answer is that you don’t need to buy any memberships – the free Basic plan is enough, given that the features provided by it are sufficient for you.
With that being said, you do need to make sure that your desktop or laptop is powerful enough to run Zoom, as well as that you have a sufficient internet connection and audio & video equipment.
Zoom Meeting for Windows System Requirements:
- Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP1, Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, or Windows 10.
- Edge 12+, Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+, or Internet Explorer 11+ browser.
- Single-core 1GHz or higher CPU (minimum), dual-core 2GHz or higher CPU (recommended).
- 4GB RAM.
- Bandwidth requirements:
- 600 kbps up/down for high-quality video for 1-to-1 calling, 600 kbps/1.2 Mbps (up/down) for group calling.
- 2 Mbps up/down for 720p video for 1-to-1 meetings, 1.5 Mbps up/down for group calling.
- 3 Mbps up/down for receiving and 2.8 Mbps up/down for sending 1080p video. 2.5 Mbps and 3.0 Mbps for receiving and sending 1080p during group calling respectively.
- 50-75 kbps for screen sharing with no thumbnail.
- 50-150 kbps for screen sharing with the video thumbnail.
- 60-80 kbps for audio VoIP.
How to Install Zoom Meeting for Windows?
Installing the Zoom Meeting client on PC is very easy – you most likely won’t need to change any privacy settings like with Mac, and you also won’t need to use the command line like with Linux.
Just launch the executable file of the installer, wait a few seconds for the client to get installed, and then sign in to your account or join a meeting without signing in once the Zoom window appears. If your Windows does ask permission to run the client, allow it do to so.
In the end, on Windows PCs, getting started with Zoom on Windows PCs takes just two steps – you just download Zoom Meeting for Windows and then install it without any side steps!