You probably know that Zoom allows you to schedule a Zoom meeting, but how to schedule a Zoom meeting exactly? Well, that’s pretty straightforward, but since there are many ways of scheduling a meeting, less tech-savvy users could easily get overwhelmed.
How to Schedule a Zoom Meeting?
Below, we will overview three main methods of scheduling a Zoom Meeting – via the desktop client/mobile app, from the Zoom web portal, and directly from your browser.
How to Schedule a Zoom Meeting Using the Zoom Client or Mobile App?
The scheduling process is nearly identical across the Zoom desktop clients. Here’s how to schedule a Zoom meeting on a desktop:
- Open your Zoom client and sign in to your account.
- Click the Schedule icon to open the scheduler window.
- Select your meeting settings. Among the things that you can adjust are:
- Topic name.
- Start date & time.
- Meeting duration.
- Time zone.
- Whether the meeting is recurring or not.
- The video feeds of the host and participants.
- Audio calling options.
- Advanced options like meeting passwords, join before host, mute attendees on entry, auto-recording, alternative hosts, etc. The available advanced options may differ between Linux, Mac, or Windows.
- Calendar service to add the meeting too.
- Click Schedule to finish. Open the selected calendar service to schedule the Zoom meeting.
- Launch the Zoom app and log in to your account.
- Select Schedule.
- Adjust the meeting options. What you may adjust is virtually the same as on desktop clients, apart from a few advanced options.
- Add the meeting to the device’s calendar.
- Tap Done to finish.
How to Schedule a Zoom Meeting Using the Zoom Web Portal?
- Log in to your account at the Zoom web portal.
- Navigate to Meetings and click Schedule A Meeting.
- Choose the meeting options. There are some meeting options here unavailable in the desktop client or the mobile app – for example, you can choose whether registration is required, enable a waiting room, allow only signed-in users to join the meeting, and a few other things.
- Click Save to schedule a meeting.
- You may add the meeting to your calendar or copy the invitation to send it out to the participants of the meeting.
How to Schedule a Zoom Meeting Using a Browser?
This is how to schedule Zoom meetings in your Chrome or Firefox browser:
- Install the Zoom extension.
- Open the extension by clicking the Zoom button next to the Chrome address bar.
- Sign in to your Zoom account.
- Click on Schedule a Meeting in the extension to create a new event in the Google Calendar.
- Fill in your meeting settings as you’d do in a desktop client or the mobile app.
How to Schedule a Zoom Meeting for Someone Else?
To be able to schedule a meeting for another Zoom user, they will need to assign a scheduling privilege for you on their side. To do this, both users must have a Pro plan or up and be on the same Zoom account.
To set up a scheduling privilege, the user who you want to schedule a meeting for should do these steps:
- Log in to the Zoom portal.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Navigate to Other and click the + next to Assign scheduling privilege to.
- Enter the email addresses of the users that will be assigned a scheduling privilege. The addresses need to be separated by a comma.
- Click Assign.
Once this is done, you will need to sign out and then sign in to your Zoom client or app to be able to schedule for another Zoom user.
And this is how to schedule a Zoom meeting for another user:
- Open the scheduler in your mobile app, desktop client, or web portal.
- Under the advanced options, navigate to Schedule for and choose the user you want to schedule a meeting for.
- Choose the other scheduling settings and click Schedule or Done to finish.
How to Invite Participants to a Scheduled Zoom Meeting?
Inviting through an app:
- Schedule a meeting.
- Click Meetings.
- Choose the meeting that you want to invite others to.
- Click Copy Invitation.
- You can paste the invitation to an email message or anywhere else.
Inviting through the web portal:
- Schedule a meeting.
- Navigate to My Meetings.
- Click Copy the Invitation. Click Select All in the pop-up, copy the text, and then send it through an email or another communication method.
How to Start a Scheduled Zoom Meeting?
There are 3 ways for you to start a scheduled Zoom meeting:
- Click the link in the calendar or email invitation. The Zoom client will launch automatically and start the meeting.
- Navigate to the Meetings > Upcoming menu in your desktop client or mobile app, find the desired meeting, and click Start.
- Navigate to My Meetings > Upcoming Meetings on the web portal and click Start near the desired meeting.
How to Cancel a Meeting Scheduled in Zoom?
To cancel a meeting, you need to navigate to Meetings > Upcoming in the app or My Meetings > Upcoming Meetings on the web portal and click Delete near the desired meeting.
Common Zoom Schedule Meeting Errors and How to Fix Them (Error 3003 & 3070)
When scheduling or trying to connect to a Zoom meeting, you or others may come across poorly documented error codes. We want to talk about errors 3003 and 3070 which appear to be fairly simple to fix but aren’t documented at Zoom’s support portal.
The error 3003 seems to pop up when you are trying to connect to a meeting via a link created for a co-host while not being a co-host. Ask the host or the co-host for a standard link, and this issue should get resolved.
Error 3070 appears to pop up when you try to schedule a meeting on a past date. Check the meeting settings, make sure that it’s set in the future, and you should be able to schedule a Zoom Meeting without errors.