It just takes a Zoom Cloud Meeting app download to have all the capabilities of the Zoom service on your smartphone or tablet. How do you get started though?
Let’s have an overview of what you need to keep in mind with the Zoom mobile app. And then, we’ll have a look at how to get it installed onto your mobile device.
The Zoom mobile app has most of the desktop client’s functionality, including:
- Hosting and joining meetings.
- Scheduling meetings.
- Inviting others to your meeting.
- Screen sharing, co-annotations, and whiteboarding.
- Siri controls (iOS) and fingerprint authentication.
- Safe driving mode for on-the-move participants.
Zoom isn’t a very demanding mobile app, but there are a few things to keep in mind about its system requirements.
The mobile system requirements for the Zoom mobile app are as follows:
- An internet connection via 3G or 4G/LTE or via Wi-Fi (a/g/n/ac).
- Any single-core processor with a frequency of 1 GHz or better.
- 1-to-1 video calling: HD video requires 1.2 Mbps up & down. High-quality video requires 600 kbps ups & downs.
- Group video calling: High-quality video requires 600 kbps/1.2 Mbps up/down. Gallery view requires a 1.5 Mbps up & down connection.
Given the requirements above, virtually all modern Android and iOS mobile devices should not have any issues with running the Zoom mobile app. What’s more important here is your internet connection – do make sure that you have a sufficient data plan or are connected to a fast and secure Wi-Fi network.
The Zoom mobile app will work with your mobile device’s built-in speakers and microphone, but you may use your own speakers and mics if you do need better sound quality.
Zoom Cloud Meeting App Download for iOS
To start the Zoom Cloud Meeting app download for your iOS device, head on to the App Store on your device and tap GET. Alternatively, just search on the App Store for “Zoom Cloud Meetings”, and the app should be right on top of the search results.
Keep in mind that you need to have iOS 7.0 or newer installed on your device. It doesn’t matter which Apple mobile device you have – whether an iPhone, iPad or an iPod touch – it just needs to have at least iOS 7.0.
Zoom Cloud Meeting App Download for Android
To get the Zoom app for an Android phone, click on this Zoom Cloud Meeting app download link. It will direct you right to the app page of Zoom on Google Play. You may again just launch Google Play on your mobile device and search for the Zoom app manually.
The Android Zoom app requires at least Android 4.1. If you have a more or less modern Android device though, your Android version probably is far newer than Android 4.1. Even if you have an older phone, it may have the ability to update to a newer version of Android. Anyway, before clicking the Zoom Cloud Meeting app download link, make sure that your Android phone is sufficient to run it.