Easy to install and use, Zoom has swept a massive user base all over the world and has already replaced apps lik GoToMeeting, WebEx, Blue Jeans, or ANY other web conference tool out there, through feasibility in usage such as hosting webinars, teaching online courses, conducting online training, video demonstrations, virtual meetings and video conferences.
With a rich set of functionalities and up-to-the-mark performance, for both scheduled and ad hoc meetings, the application is here and it is here to stay for a really LONG time, unless we come up with something equally affordable, reliable, and user-friendly – which is what Zoom for iOS is in a nutshell.
Zoom Features – An Overview
Zoom cloud meetings app hosts a number of features. With the help of Zoom meetings for iOS, users can enjoy the following features:
- Audio / Video Conferencing
- Android screen sharing quality.
- Content management through brainstorming and discussion boards exclusively in zoom for iOS.
- Contact availability status
- Easily invite phone, email or company contacts
- Join as interactive participant or view-only webinar attendee without creating an account
Installing Zoom for iOS
Supported Operating Systems: To download zoom for iOS, these are the minimum system requirements to run the app in your operating system:
- iOS 7.0 or later: Comprising of the following features:
- Send and receive video using front or rear camera
- iPhone 4 or later, iPad Pro, iPad Mini, iPad 2 or later, iPod touch 4th Generation, iPhone 3GS (no front facing camera)
To install zoom meeting for iOS, you may need to change your Security and Privacy settings and allow for apps downloaded or zoom app for iOS from identified developers. This can be done by:
- Click on the Apple Icon at the top left corner of your window screen and choose System Preferences.
- Open Security and Privacy
- Click the lock icon at the bottom left to gain access to make changes.
- Enter your device’s administrator username and password.
- Change the option of Allow apps downloaded from to App Store and identified developers. Once that’s done you can easily use the link to download zoom for iOS and launch it in your device without any difficulty, by visiting the Download Center and installing zoom cloud meetings from there.
- Once the installation process is complete, open the zoom application icon on your apple device to start using Zoom for iOS.
How to schedule a meeting in an iOS?
- Click on Schedule or Host a Meeting.
- Tap Schedule Meeting.
- Fill in the meeting details. The meeting options include:
- Meeting Name
- Start Time
- Time Zone
- Repeat the meeting
- Turn Host Video On or Off
- Turn Attendee Video On or Off
- Choose Audio Option – Telephone Only, Voip Only, Both or 3rd Party Audio options
- Enter a Meeting Password, if needed.
- Select Allow Join Before Host if you will let participants join before the host joins.
- Select whether you will Use PMI (Personal Meeting ID) or not use a PMI.
- Click on Finish after selecting the meeting options.
- On the newly created Event screen, click on Invitees to add attendees.
- Click on Add option. The invitations will be sent automatically to invitees and the meeting would be included in your Upcoming Meetings list.
Special Zoom Packages
- The very first and basic tier of zoom for iOS is a fully-featured free plan with unrestricted number of video meetings. Despite a 40-minute time limit on your group meetings, you would be able to host up to 100 people, and enjoy unlimited one-on-one conversations.
- The next step up after the basic version of Zoom for iOS, Pro is available at £11.99 per month, per person, and it includes everything you get in the Basic package, in addition to unlimited meeting duration for all group sizes as opposed to the 40-min limit in the former pack, administrative feature controls, and exceptional user management.
- Zoom Meetings Business, available at a rate of £15.99 per month per individual, includes all the Pro features, plus a handful of extra facilities like dedicated phone support, and your own admin dashboard. However, you’ll need a minimum of ten hosts to be qualified for the Business level pack of Zoom for iOS.
- Fourthly, Zoom Meetings Enterprise, again available at £15.99 per month per person, but you will need a minimum of 100 hosts to sign up & get started. This tier provides a provision of up to 200 participants and includes all of the business-level features, plus unlimited cloud storage, access to your own customer success manager, and exclusive discounts on Zoom Rooms and Webinars correspondences.
Apart from the four basic pricing packages, zoom for iOS offers assortments of unique options available for customers in specific segments. For instance, Zoom Meetings is particularly popular among educational establishments, and around 90% of the top universities in the USA utilize Zoom for a selection of academic reasons.
The Zoom Education compendium includes video breakout rooms, accessibility features for people with disabilities, and support for conference, mobile, and desktop rooms all in a single session. Ultimately, no matter in what manner do you want to launch your video conferencing experience, Zoom for iOS has something to offer to people belonging to every group.
As video conferencing technology is emerging as a crucial component of running an efficient and connected business, companies like Zoom are establishing their dominance in this particular market and leading the way with efficient deployment models and unique strategies for organizations and corporate houses to take their meetings beyond the standard voice call.
With a wide selection of tiers to gratify every company’s needs and even businesses from specific segments, Zoom for iOS certainly qualifies to provide its customers with one of the most advanced solutions for video conferencing.