If you are looking for a competent web-based video calling application, then Zoom would surely be the best option for you in this regard. It comes with some amazing functionalities and benefits. This app is available in one free version and three paid versions. The paid versions come with more features and perks than the free version.
Among all the good things about Zoom, security has sometimes been an issue. This is one reason why some users are still agnostic about the best quality and service of Zoom. Suppose you are interested in using Zoom without compromising your online security, safety, and protection. In that case, you can explore zoom sign in with SSO. The more you know about the SSO and its different functions and aspects, the better it will be for you in many ways.
Zoom Sign in with SSO – Overview
If you never want to compromise with your online security and protection while using Zoom, you must sign in to Zoom with SSO. SSO stands for Single Sign-On, which offers a very secure and safe auto-login to Zoom. It does not matter as to which device or gadget you use for login. It could be a desktop, phone, or any other similar device. Moreover, it is also likely to work irrespective of the platforms you use. It works on iPhone, Android, Microsoft products like Teams, or even on macOS. SSO is there to enhance your online security and safety to the fullest while using Zoom. Even if you go for the future upgrade on Zoom, your online security stays intact.
There are all the reasons for which you should go for the Zoom sign in with SSO. The said Single Sign-On solution offers easy, efficient, and effective access to various enterprise resources with a specific set of credentials. Moreover, this feature can also provide complete secure authentication by establishing a trust relationship between an identity provider and a service provider.
In this regard, Zoom works as a service provider, and it effectively provides automatic user provisioning. You, as a Zoom user, are not required to register in the app. Once Zoom receives a SAML response from the identity provider, it is likely to check if such a user exists. In case such a user does not exist, Zoom is supposed to create a user account automatically along with the received name and ID.
Some prerequisites need to be fulfilled to sign in using Zoom SSO. In this regard, the requirements you need are an education or business account on Zoom and an approved vanity URL. In case you do not have any approved vanity link, you are required to apply to get the relevant vanity URL on your Zoom account. You are required to wait to get this URL approved before being able to configure SSO on Zoom.
Step-by-step Methods to Sign in with SSO
Suppose you are interested in signing into Zoom using the SSO method to enhance your protection and security. In that case, you must follow the step-by-step processes described below for your convenience.
- At first, you are required to properly navigate to the approved Zoom vanity IRL that you got.
- After clicking on the approved vanity link, you will be directed to a site where you are supposed to sign in. This sign-in is required for configuring your account. Be careful to provide the right credentials to sign in successfully. Once you signed in then, you are supposed to be redirected to the Zoom web portal.
Zoom Desktop Client
- At first, you have to click on the option ‘sign in with SSO.’
- Now it requires you to put all the necessary details and information in the right place. You are required to enter details like the company domain. It is the first and foremost requirement for you to know the company domain from the Zoom admin. In case you do not have the information regarding the company domain, you need to click on the option ‘I don’t know the company domain.’ Now you have to enter the necessary email address of yours.
- In this step, click on ‘Continue.’ After clicking on Continue, you are supposed to be redirected to a single sign-on provider for the necessary sign-in. Once you sign in, then you will again be redirected to the Zoom desktop client.
Zoom Mobile Application
The methods in the case of Zoom mobile applications are different than that of Zoom desktop clients. Follow the below-described procedures of SSO if you happen to have the Zoom mobile application.
- Open the Zoom app on your mobile and then click on the option ‘SSO’.
- Now you are supposed to enter the relevant company domain details. You have to communicate with the Zoom admin of your company to get the company’s domain. In case you do not know your company’s domain, you are supposed to click on, ‘I do not know the company domain’. And now, put your email address in the appropriate field.
- In this step, you are supposed to click on the option ‘Continue’. Once you click, you are to be redirected to the single sign-on provider for the sign-in process. Once you sign-in, you will effectively be taken back to the Zoom mobile app, where you initially started this process.
It could be a little difficult for you to understand the Zoom sign in with SSO. This is why it would be beneficial for you to do as much research on SSO as possible. Once you explore different aspects of SSO, then you will be able to understand it properly. The more information you gather on this, the better it will be for you for all the right reasons.